Terms and Conditions of Hire with Candy House
ALL bookings made with and provided by Candy House are bound by the Terms and Conditions stated on this page.
Payments made to Candy House deem that the Hirer agrees, adhere’s to and is bound to the Terms and Conditions. The lead name stated on the Booking documents and/or Orders is responsible for all hired goods and their subsequent care and replacement as per the Terms and Conditions.
1. All goods supplied are on a hire basis only and title remains with Candy House. Hereafter known as the Hiree
2. The Hirer is the person named on the booking form. The Hirer takes -responsibility for the goods under these terms and conditions.
3. The hire period is 24 hours before and 24 hours after the event. This can be extended at the Hirees discretion for which a charge may be levied.
4. A 50% deposit will be required to secure a booking. Until the booking deposit is received by Hiree then no booking will be deemed to have been made. A The balance is payable in full 1 calender month before the event date. If a booking is cancelled more than 1 month in advance then no more is payable, if a booking is cancelled within 1 month then the full remaining balance is payable – These monies can be used against a future booking within 12 months if the event is only postponed. Bookings within 1 month must be paid in full at time of booking.
5. The Hiree will provide a cost of delivery/collection based on a round trip mileage to/from the delivery destination specified by the Hirer. This cost is for delivery by the Hiree in their own vehicles and not an outsourced courier. Should the Hirer choose to organize their own transport, the hirer must be aware glassware collected or delivered back by an independent courier are not insured or covered by any courier company and therefore are sent at the Hirer’s own risk. Any courier used by the Hirer must be guaranteed and have a tracking number. Any damaged items received back via an independent courier will be checked whilst in the presence of the courier driver. Any breakages will be noted as such at that time on the manifest and missing / damaged items charged accordingly.
6. The Hirer shall be solely responsible for the Hired Goods not the reception/event venue/hotel or any other third party to whom shall take posession of the Hired Goods. The Hirer shall be alone responsible for insuring the Hired Goods are kept in good order from the time of receipt of delivery until back into the possession of the Hiree. Therefore agreement of a good provision of storage must be made and organized directly with any third party involved for any hired goods if you are leaving at the venue prior to our collection or your own return delivery on the agreed date.
7. The Hirer will pay for any non-returns, damaged goods or breakages to the Hiree at full retail value.
8. The Hiree shall not be responsible for injury or damage to persons or property howsoever sustained arising from any Hired Goods from Candy House.
TEL 01253 310855 MOB 07970753024